About the Role
The Financial Analyst will analyze past financial performance to predict future performance and to advise the company on its financial strategy. The responsibilities include financial planning, budgeting, developing financial models, preparing projections, and performing research and analysis as may be required by leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyses business and financial data.
- Creates financial models based on analysis to support organizational decision making.
- Develops financial plans, forecasts and reports for organizational leaders.
- Analyzes industry trends and makes recommendations based on those trends.
- Evaluates capital expenditures and depreciation.
- Develops automated reporting and forecasting tools and models for more efficient use of data.
- Presents findings and recommendations to management.
- Performs month end closing activities, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- General understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- General understanding of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Thorough understanding of methods of systems analysis and the principles, design, and procedural methods used in big data analysis.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Thorough understanding of project management.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently within established procedures, as well as in a team environment.
- Strong sense of ambition, self-motivation, and self-discipline.
- Positive Attitude and professional demeanor.
- Flexibility to work in rapidly changing environment.
- Fast working and proactive; a Team growth-mindset, a must.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of business, finance, or other relevant experience. 2 years of professional experience as an accountant, auditor or CPA a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- MBA preferred.
- Proven experience in a quantitatively heavy role.
- Experience constructing and analyzing financial statements (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement).
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a must.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Includes comprehensive benefits package.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a resume and cover letter using the form below.