Paving Personnel Profile: Meet our National Project Manager
Our staff is comprised of an amazingly talented team of paving professionals working together to provide a better overall experience for buyers of pavement maintenance services and solutions.
Some of our staff interact face-to-face with our clients while others serve an important role behind the scenes. Yet, all are an integral part of what makes this company successful. To help acquaint you, we will profile one employee on our blog every quarter. This time, we’re featuring our national project manager, Roger Lopez.
- In 25 words or less, tell us about yourself: Industrious, enjoys laughing, old fashioned, sports enthusiast, family orientated, grill master, and can recall TV line-ups from mid-70s to mid-90s on ABC/NBC/CBS in order.
- What do you enjoy most about your job? My co-workers–they are a great group of people. Each has a different quality that makes for an awesome team. We know we have each other’s backs, we give each other advice, and–of course–we make each other laugh! I also enjoy my role as a project manager because I get to oversee large projects and tackle any challenges along the way.
- What sets Let’s Pave apart? It sounds cliché but we all truly care about our company, the customers, and our partners. I feel we all wear our hearts on our sleeves.
- Tell us what you hope to accomplish within the next year: I want to take Let’s Pave to another level–whether it involves researching and helping implement new technologies or improving my skill set through interdepartmental cross training–I am excited about the possibilities and I look forward to growing with the company.
- Who has inspired you the most? My parents have inspired me the most. My father gave me two pieces of advice: never be afraid of hard work and don’t mess up your credit. My mom taught me how to overcome obstacles. She came to this country without knowing the language and never learned how to drive, but she still managed to show up to work every day and remain loyal to her employer for over 25 years.
- What should everyone try at least once in his/her life? To compete in an individual sport. Whether it’s a race, golf, tennis match, or even a boxing match. It makes you push yourself to the limits. Just when you think you’re ready to give up, that little voice tells you to keep going.
- What do you wish someone would invent? A time machine–not just to fix the mistakes I made, but also to relive the great moments such as the first night I met my wife, or when my kids were born, or the first time my dad took me to a baseball game. It would also be fun to experience, once again, all of the crazy adventures and shenanigans with my childhood friends.
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Spending time with my family including watching our kids play sports, exploring different towns, or going to the movies. It’s so important to build great memories with my family so my children can carry on the same traditions with their kids.