Our paving personnel is made up of talented professionals working together to provide a better overall experience for buyers of pavement maintenance services and solutions.
Some of our staff interact face-to-face with our clients while others serve an important role behind the scenes. Regardless, all are an integral part of what makes this company successful.
To help acquaint you, we will profile one employee on our blog every quarter. This time, we’re featuring our director of procurement, Jenette Pogvara.
- Tell our readers about your professional experience: I have over 6 years of experience in the paving industry. I started out as a facilitator for national sub-contractors at another national paving company and worked my way up to procurement coordinator, handling procurement of paving services nationally. Now, at Let’s Pave, I manage the procurement department which creates and maintains relationships with vendors on a national level and executes requests for quotes.
- What are the top three things that make you successful on the job? I believe the top three things that make me successful are my ability to relate to the sub-contractors with whom we work because I have a good understanding of their services, their markets, and the trends affecting their business. I am also very happy and personable so I think that translates to more collaboration with our sub-contractors. Lastly, I feel I communicate effectively; it’s difficult to bid projects without personally viewing each one, so communication is critical when relaying key details of projects.
- What do you enjoy most about working for Let’s Pave? The fact that I love coming to work each day! We are a close-knit group that collaborates well. The working environment is truly team oriented and I really like that feeling.
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? Be persistent. When knowledge and ability aren’t enough, be persistent.
- Where have you traveled recently and what did you enjoy most about your trip? I recently went to Door County, WI, with my family for vacation. I think what I enjoyed most was the secluded cabin we stayed in and being surrounded by nature.
- What was the last movie you went to see? How would you rate it? The last movie I saw was Bad Moms and it was hilarious. I would rate it a 9 out of 10!
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? The ability to have my kids listen to me all of the time! Who’s with me on that one?!
- Are you going to dress up for Halloween and, if so, who will you be? I will probably just wear a pair of cat ears to take my kids trick-or-treating!
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? I enjoy running, hiking, boxing, and pretty much any kind of exercise or sport. I also love to cook and bake.