Our staff is comprised of an amazingly talented team of paving professionals working together to provide a better overall experience for buyers of pavement maintenance services and solutions.
Some of our staff interact face-to-face with our clients while others serve an important role behind the scenes. Yet, all are an integral part of what makes this company successful. To help acquaint you, we will profile one employee on our blog every quarter. This time, we’re featuring our senior national project manager, Nick Kuzlik.
- If someone ran into you on an elevator and asked about your career, how would you explain what you do in just a few seconds?
I have been in the paving industry since I was 19. I started out shoveling asphalt on a crew where I literally learned the business from the ground up. From there, I moved into sales and then on to project management. I currently manage pavement assets for commercial and industrial properties nationwide.
- What sets Let’s Pave apart?
People and Opportunity. Above all, the people at Let’s Pave are what make the difference. I can honestly say that I enjoy my co-workers; we are as close as family and that is why I love what I do. Next, I would say that employees can chart their own course at Let’s Pave—the opportunity for career development is limitless.
- Tell us three things that you plan to accomplish this year: First, I plan to get married in November; my fiancé and I have dated for ten years and we look forward to spending the rest of our lives together. Second, I plan to purchase a new car this year. I am currently driving a car that is ten years old and it’s time for an upgrade. Third, I plan to help our sales team celebrate when we hit our goal for the year.
- Name one thing you have learned recently that you didn’t know previously: I recently became a first-time father. I am learning every day what it takes to be a reliable parent. It’s far from easy, but it’s amazing and I enjoy every second of it.
- What motivates you? My son. I wake up every morning feeling blessed to be able to provide for my family.
- Who do you admire? I admire my fiancé, Jaclyn. She motivates me in life every single day. She is amazing to be around and her positive attitude is very contagious.
- If you could time travel, would you go back in time or forward into the future and why? I have often wondered what my parents were really like as kids. So, I would go back in time to see them as children and witness their growth.
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? I spend a lot of time with my one-year-old son. We try to take mini trips on the weekends whenever possible. In addition, I enjoy fishing and attending all types of sporting events.