Paving Personnel Profile: Get to Know our Controller
Our staff is comprised of an amazingly talented team of paving professionals working together to provide a better overall experience for buyers of pavement maintenance services and solutions.
Some of our staff interact face-to-face with our clients while others serve an important role behind the scenes. Yet, all are an integral part of what makes this company successful. To help acquaint you, we will profile one employee on our blog every quarter. This time, we’re featuring our controller, Lindsey Bearlund.
- Tell us about a typical day on the job: I handle the day to day accounting from accounts payables (entering bills) and accounts receivables (creating invoices) to managing the general ledger.
- Why do people buy from Let’s Pave? Customer Service at Let’s Pave is not a department. It’s our entire company.
What is the best or worst purchase you’ve ever made? By far the best purchase I have ever made were the Jumbo Lego Blocks for my boys. They keep them busy for hours and the countless memories we have made with them are priceless.
- Tell us three things you’re really good at:
-Bags or some would say ‘cornhole’
-Building and maintaining relationships
- What would be a good theme song for your life and why? Don’t Worry, Be Happy! You can’t control the uncontrollable
- If you could give a message or advice to your younger self, what would it be? 99% of the things you worry about don’t happen! So dream big, worry less, and enjoy every day. It goes Fast.
- What is the most interesting thing you’ve read or seen this week? Chicago is experiencing a ‘polar vortex’ this week. All the media is going wild. Here’s one of the headlines that caught my eye: Chicago Will Be Colder Than Mount Everest, Arctic Today
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? What spare time?! Three young boys keep me quite busy, but my husband and I are on a bowling league and I also enjoy listening to music, reading, and browsing Pinterest.