The essence of the Let’s Pave mission is to make a difference. This applies not only to our business and how we approach paving and interact with our clients, but also to our involvement in the community. For us, it’s not just something we say, it’s something we do…all together. This year we’ve had the privilege to do way more than fill holes. We’ve been able to fill hearts, minds, mouths, and more. Below is a brief re-cap of our participation in various local and global nonprofits.
- A Better Life for Kids – Each year we take a break from filling holes to sink ‘em as we Golf for Ghana’s Orphans. Proceeds benefit A Better life for Kids, an organization that provides life-saving food, medicine, clean water, baby formula, and education to orphans and children with special needs in Ghana, Africa.
- A Boy and His Dream – Our CEO C.B. Kuzlik serves as Board President of this nonprofit dedicated to improving the lives of youth in Chicago and Nigeria. The biggest event of the year is coming up in December; please contact C.B. for more information or to donate.
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America – Each year in June our team sponsors and participates in Take Steps, a 5K Walk to raise funds for the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America and those battling the disease.
- Jones Center – Let’s Pave is the lead corporate sponsor for the Jones Center Summer Fun Club which runs from early June through early August. As part of our contribution, we sponsor field trips including a soccer camp with pro player Patrick Nyarko; provide t-shirts, school supplies, and backpacks; and send a large group of our staff to the annual “Back-to-School” celebration to run games, paint faces, serve food, and interact with the children. We’re not sure who has more fun—the children or us…
- Ronald McDonald House – Every summer we sponsor and participate in Kicking for the House, a soccer camp led in part by our CEO C.B. Kuzlik, to support families of hospitalized children staying at the Ronald McDonald House.
- Toys for Tots – During the holiday season, we help Santa by shopping for and donating toys to the Chicagland Toys for Tots Foundation.
- This year we were blessed to provide donations to various nonprofits including Alzheimer’s Association, The Holiday Heroes, The Dollar General Literacy Foundation, The Home Depot Foundation, #TeamCorrie Cancer Foundation, and Susan G. Komen.
Thank you for supporting our business so that we, in turn, can make the ‘Let’s Pave Difference’ for these organizations. Our employees count it a joy and privilege to volunteer and give back. For real-time outreach updates, please follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram.